BUDS (Better Understanding of Dementia for Sandwell) seeks to hire a Business Planning and Marketing Officer. This is a permanent contract (subject to 3 months probation period), based in Sandwell and the surrounding area. The post will initially be for 20 hours per week, with a view to increase in future. The salary is £24,000 per annum pro rata.
This position offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to develop his or her career in the fields of business planning and marketing.
BUDS aims to improve the quality of life of people experiencing dementia and their family carers in Sandwell. BUDS was established in 2008 by the trustees of Harborne Parish Lands Charity, a local charity with extensive experience in providing supported living accommodation for older people and for grant making to organisations and individuals. BUDS is now a Registered Charity and a Limited Company in its own right and has developed the following services in response to local need:
• Befriending Service
• BUDS Clubs
• Carer Support Service
• Advice & Guidance
• Training & Development
Main Purpose of the Job
To develop and manage any updates to a five year Business Plan to take BUDS forward and support and develop key dementia services. A key element in the role will be in shaping and executing a marketing and fundraising strategy of the organisation to support the Business Plan.
• Own and manage the BUDS business plan
• Develop and implement marketing and funding strategy for BUDS
• Keep up-to-date with local, regional and national funding opportunities
• Work with statutory bodies, corporate bodies and donors to maximise funding opportunities
• Lead new fundraising initiatives, with the aim of increasing income to improve sustainability of BUDS
• Create and manage a budget tracking tool
• Produce marketing literature, press release and newsletters
• Develop opportunities to raise public awareness, promoting BUDS
• Play an active role in strategic reviews and contribute to the plan of the organisation
• Work with General Manager to keep Policies and Procedures up-to-date
Skills and Experience
• Relevant experience in similar field and/or qualifications in economics, business or marketing
• An understanding of the needs of people with dementia and their carers
• Ability to create and manage business and marketing plans
• Experience of applying for funding/grants or wider applications
• Ability to develop a finance monitoring and reporting system
• Ability to prepare reports for and engage with senior members of the team
• Good organisational and IT skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Able to travel within Sandwell and surrounding areas
• Able to show empathy for people with dementia and their families
• Flexible approach to working hours this may include weekend or evening time
Click here for application form. Completed forms should be be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information contact 0121 565 3721.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 9 August 2015. Interviews will be held the week commencing Monday 24 August.