The Youth Investment Fund (YIF) supports voluntary, community and social enterprise youth organisations to deliver, expand and create high quality local youth provision in targeted communities across England. Successful applicants are funded up until 2020, which allows them to invest and plan for the future.
The YIF was launched in September 2016, and following the initial round of applications, eighty-six funding awards were made in March 2017. The disadvantaged areas targeted through the YIF include: Bristol and Somerset, East London, Eastern regions, Liverpool City Region, Tees Valley and Sunderland, and West Midlands.
Due to not being able to fund as many applications as we anticipated in the initial round, we are inviting an additional round of applications in the specified areas below. Applications for this round are only available by contacting the YIF team. Further information is available in the guidance.
We will only fund applications from VCSE youth organisations and VCSE led partnerships that provide frontline, open access youth services that can demonstrate:
• You/your partners have the commitment, capacity and resources to manage an investment of this scale, (Total grant £150,000 – £750,000).
• That a significant proportion of you/your partner’s beneficiaries are young people. We consider young people to be those who are 10 – 18 years old (10 – 25 years with a disability or special educational needs). All of your youth beneficiaries should be located in the targeted areas.
• You/your partners have an evidenced track record in delivering frontline services with and for young people.
• You/your partners are based in or be able to demonstrate strong links to the community you intend to support.
• You have at least three unrelated people on the organisation’s governing body.
• To manage demand and expectations, the application form is not available on our website.
• To access an application form you will need to speak with a member of our local or central team by attending one of the local Youth Investment Fund drop in sessions – there is a session in West Bromwich as follows:
Date: Friday, 15th September 2017
Time: 10.30 am – 1.00pm
Location: SCVO, 1st Floor, Landchard House, Victoria Street, West Bromwich, B70 8ER (please note…there is no on-site parking available, but the location is well-served by public transport and pay-and-display car parking).
To ensure that you are fully briefed to gain maximum benefit from your attendance at the drop in session, please read the Programme Guidance Document.