SCVO is a Company Limited by Guarantee and registered with Companies House no. 03570517.
SCVO is also a registered charity with charity number 1071514. For further details on our charitable status please visit SCVO’s entry on the charity commission website.
As a membership organisation, local voluntary and community organisations actively delivering services in the borough are invited to apply to become members. Member organisations meet at General Meetings and at each AGM elect from their number a Board of Trustees who lead SCVO, setting the strategic direction for the charity and overseeing its activities.
SCVO is structured and staffed in the following way:
SCVO Board of Directors
- Claire Dale, Kaleidoscope Plus Group (Chair)
- Jon Grant, Krunch (Vice-Chair)
- Khatija Patel, Ideal for All (Treasurer)
- Geoff Foster, Sandwell CARES
- Mohammed Loan, Oldbury Jamia Mosque
- Richard Nugent, Independent
- Laura Nott, Sandwell Churches Link
- Andy Watson, YMCA Black Country Group
- Algar Goredema-Braid, Independent
Members selected from Board for the following sub-committees:
- Human Resources
SCVO Staff Team
- Chief Executive Officer: Mark Davis
- Operations Manager/Deputy CEO: Stuart Ashmore
- Finance: Steve Leighton
Tel: 0121 525 1127
- Administrator: Debra Hill
- Small Groups Development Officer: Libby Mahoney
- Capacity-building Coach: Shamsher Dharsani
Creative Black Country
Creative Black Country is hosted by SCVO on behalf of Black Country Together
- Artistic Director: Parminder Dosanjh
- Programme Director: Sajida Carr
- Creative Producer: Liam Smyth
- Project Administrator: Rosalind Highet
For further information please view
SCVO is also linked to:-
- Black Country Together CIC, company number 08383487, a subsidiary Community Interest Company which is joint-owned with Dudley Council for Voluntary Services, Walsall Voluntary Action and Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector Council. Black Country Together is a company established to enable the Voluntary and Community Sector in the sub-region to access funding opportunities across borough boundaries that might otherwise be out of reach for them.