The purpose of the Healthy Sandwell Micro-Grant Fund is to enable local voluntary, community and not-for-profit/charitable organisations to deliver an Engagement Activity that includes a short, health-related promotion of the service(s) available from Healthy Sandwell, including NHS Health Checks.
These services include:
• Alcohol services: to support those people who are struggling with how much they are drinking;
• Drug services: support and advice on drugs, helping you decide what you need to do to change your drug use or if you are concerned about someone else’s drug use;
• Get Active: tailored support for all ages, families and individuals to get more active, eating better and maintain a healthy weight for good;
• Healthy Eating: support to help you, your family and friends eat well and feel great;
• Healthy Weight: FREE support for all ages, families and individuals to get more active, eating better and maintain a healthy weight for good;
• Stop Smoking: FREE help and support to help more smokers quit;
• Wellbeing: support to help people feel better within themselves including…improving confidence, dealing with stress, relaxation techniques and more;
• NHS Health Checks: a national screening programme for 40-74 year olds to check aspects of your health that could lead to conditions like heart disease, diabetes and stroke.
We are looking for each Engagement Activity to attract a minimum of 25 people (living and/or working in Sandwell and between the ages of 25 and 74).
Each Engagement Activity must contain a health-related promotion of the services available from Healthy Sandwell, together with the NHS Health Check programme.
Some of the activities funded in earlier rounds include:
• A ‘Pamper Party’;
• A ‘Picnic in the Park’; and
• Support for a Group’s AGM (with a direct health promotion included).
The Healthy Sandwell Micro-Grant programme is delivered on a rolling basis and will accept applications until 31st March 2017, or until all funding is allocated, whichever is the sooner.
Project delivery and associated reporting needs to be completed within 6 months of grant approval.
For more information please view the following documents:
For any queries you may have, please call 0121 525 1127 and ask for SCVO Development Team