An exciting opportunity has arisen for providers to bid for grant funding of £26,000 as part of the Sandwell EIYF provision of the wider West Midlands project. The funding is administered by Sandwell Council on behalf of the West Midlands PCC.
Providers would be expected to deliver targeted interventions to provide support to at least 15 young people over until end of March 2020 who have been assessed as Tier 2, and are displaying risk factors associated with violent crime, in particular those at risk of exclusion from school.
Successful providers must be in a position to start working with 5 young people from the cohort immediately.
Tier-2 working with YP that are identified as being at risk due to them being siblings or friends of known gang nominals /YOS families
The aims would be:
- Equip young people with life skills
- Divert them from crime
- Develop resilience and coping skills
- Raise aspirations
Support would be take the form of:
- One to one mentoring and group sessions
- Working with schools to ensure that the young people are receiving the necessary support
- Working with parents to equip and support them with the necessary parenting skills to sustain the work done with young people
- Introducing young people to positive role models
For an informal discussion, please contact Denise Hooper or Rebecca Low on 0121 569 3352 or 0121 569 6374
You can download the application form HERE. (Word format)
Please email completed application forms Community_SafetyTeam@sandwell.gov.uk by 10th May 2019