Aquarius Charity seeks Trustees
24 Apr 2020 by Mazeline Hemmings
Aquarius is a Midlands based charity, supporting people affected by alcohol, drugs and gambling and is seeking Trustees with relevant skills and backgrounds to join the board.
The registered charity has over 40 years’ experience providing evidence-based quality services and is part of a larger group of charities called Recovery Focus. The group is highly experienced in providing specialist services to individuals and families living with the effects of mental ill health, drug and alcohol use, gambling and domestic violence.
The organisation is particularly interested in individuals with skills in Finance, Safeguarding or Clinical expertise.
Aquarius is keen to increase representation on its board. Members would especially welcome applications from people from a variety of ethnic minority backgrounds, and younger people.
The Trustees are Aquarius’ governing body. The Trustee Board has responsibilities which are set out in full in its Terms of Reference. These responsibilities include:
• setting the vision, mission and values of Aquarius
• developing strategy to achieve the charity’s objects (the purposes for which Aquarius was set up) and monitoring performance
• ensuring effective management of finance, properties, services and all initiatives.
Aquarius is we looking for:
• Commitment to the organisation
• Willingness to devote the necessary time and effort and to impart the benefit of skills and experience
• Strategic vision
• Good, independent judgement.
It is estimated that Trustees can expect to commit approximately 40 hours a year to the Aquarius Board and related activities including:
• Trustee Board meetings
• Sub-committee activities
• Attendance at 1 or 2 development sessions
• Attendance at annual staff and service user conference.
Please note that Board meetings are held in and out of standard working hours.
What can you expect in return? As a Board Trustee you will be contributing to the running of a charity that changes people’s lives. You will also gain valuable experience in the governance of a successful charity
If you would like further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application / information pack.