Grants for Small Organisations Making Good Use of Volunteers
01 Jun 2020 by Leona
- Funding Opportunities
The Woodward Charitable Trust primarily funds charitable organisations (charities, social enterprises and community interest companies) in the UK and can make grants for overseas projects usually via UK charities.
Priority is given to projects that make good use of volunteers, encourage past and current users to participate, ensure that funds awarded are being well used and fall within the following areas:
• Arts outreach work by local groups involving disadvantaged people;
• Children and young people who are isolated, at risk of exclusion or involved in anti-social behaviour and in particular organisations that work to discourage individuals getting involved in gangs or violent behaviour;
• Disability projects, which can include rehabilitation and training for people who are either physically or learning disabled as well as charities supporting mental health issues, particularly where it relates to our other priority areas;
• Disadvantaged women and their children, covering refuges and domestic violence shelters and groups;
• Disadvantaged families including parenting support;
• Prisoners and ex-offenders and specifically projects that help the rehabilitation and resettlement of prisoners and/or ex-offenders as well as requests to help prisoners’ families;
• Projects that promote integration and community cohesion particularly amongst minority groups, refugees and traveler communities.
To apply for funding applicants will be required to complete an application form and submit it with a project budget.
The deadline for receipt of applications for the February meeting is noon on the 31st July 2020.
For further information please view – http://woodwardcharitabletrust.org.uk/general_applications/