Wesleyan Large Grant Fund
Heart of England have relaunched the Wesleyan Large Grant Fund. The aim of the Fund is to support projects addressing the needs of the community in the West Midlands and Warwickshire during the current Covid-19 pandemic.
Grants will be considered from charities, constituted voluntary and community groups that focus on supporting communities by issues caused that are intrinsically linked with the Covid-19 pandemic. Grants can be awarded for applications demonstrating how the project will provide services and improve outcomes in one or more of the following areas:
• Mental Health
• Bereavement support
• PSE (Personal Social Education) • Domestic Violence Support (including women’s refuges)
• Isolation / Befriending / Listening Services
• Vulnerable and Elderly
• Dementia / Quality of Life
• Social prescribing – alleviating the pressure from the NHS
• Getting back to work – innovative travel (cycle schemes) / reducing carbon footprint
• Outdoor projects – making changes so that services can be delivered outside
• Employment – reskilling people (not so much those that support with CV writing) but those that actively prepare people for a new job / new career, interview prep etc.
Grants are available between £2,000 and £10,000 and must be spent within a year.
There is a rolling deadline for this grant.