Funding for Community Based Food Initiatives
22 Jun 2020 by Leona
- Funding Opportunities
Not for profit groups and settings such as local community groups, nurseries, schools, care homes, community health and social care settings, housing associations, and charities can apply for grants of up to £150 to use good food to connect and bring together people of all ages and from different backgrounds.
The funding is being made available through Food for Life Get Together initiative and the aim is to get more people eating healthily, strengthen communities and reduce experience of loneliness and social isolation.
The funding is available in specific areas of the UK. These are:
• Birmingham, Stoke on Trent, Walsall (applications from groups working on the Birmingham/Sandwell border may be considered – contact the Regional Coordinator, Rachel Wooldridge)
• Leicester City, Leicestershire, Nottingham City
• Hull, Calderdale, Kirklees, Sheffield
• Rochdale, Salford, Wigan
• Betsi Cadwaladr, Aneuran Bevan, Cardiff and Vale
• Belfast, Fermanagh and Omagh District, Newry, Mourne and Down District
• Glasgow, Inverclyde, Edinburgh
There will be three funding rounds during 2020 and the closing date for round 1 applications is the 10th July 2020.
For further information please view – https://www.foodforlife.org.uk/get-togethers/get-involved/small-grants