Do you want to be involved in helping us shape the future of our services?
Are you 16 years or over and live in either Sandwell, Walsall, Dudley or Birmingham and the wider West Midlands? If so, why not nominate yourself to become a governor of Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (BCHFT) and be an advocate for what matters the most for people of the Black Country with regards to mental health, learning disability and children’s services.
The governor role is very rewarding and it gives you the opportunity to:
- Make a difference and have a positive contribution to the work of our Trust
- Help us shape the future of our services and ensure that our patients and carers get the best possible care
- Support and help continually achieve the Trust’s vision of: ‘Together we can achieve healthier, happier lives for everyone’,
- Represent your own views and experiences that will have a positive impact on our Trust
- Be an advocate for what matters the most to our communities, and share these with our Board of Directors
- Be updated on the Trust’s performance and developments, as well as seek performance assurance from our Board of Directors
- Act as an ambassador for your area of expertise or interest group
- Attend and support the planning of member engagement events
- Help build our membership community to ensure that it is representative of the communities we serve
To be a governor, all you need to have is enthusiasm and commitment for the role and an interest in your local NHS services. Whilst the role of the governor is a voluntary one, you will receive on-going training and support to give you the confidence and skills as well as the right knowledge to enable you to take on this important role.
If this is an opportunity that you have been looking for, don’t delay in submitting your application online at www.cesvotes.com/blackcountry2020.
Closing date for nominations is 5pm on Monday 6 July 2020
You can find out more about the governor role by getting in touch with Erica Pearce in BCHFT membership office on 0121 612 8061 or email email@example.com