British Ecological Society – Outreach Grants
22 Jul 2020 by Leona
- Funding Opportunities
The British Ecological Society has announced that its Outreach Grants programme is now open for applications. Through the programme, individuals and organisations such as schools, museums, libraries and community groups will be able to apply for grants to promote ecological science to a wide audience.
The funding is available for projects that increase public understanding of, and engagement with ecology by:
• Increasing public understanding of, and engagement with, ecology
• Stimulating discussion about ecology and its implications for society
• Inspiring and enthusing people of all ages about the science of ecology, especially those not previously interested
• Developing skills in communicating the science of ecology
Applications from museums and schools are welcome but projects must involve significant outreach beyond schools as those aimed solely at delivering curriculum to school children will not be considered. Grants are not be awarded for purely nature conservation purposes or any activity that does not promote the science of ecology.
Projects supported will:
• Be aimed at a non-academic audience
• Provide a clear demonstration of direct interaction with the audience
• Show evidence of links to the research community at UK, regional and international levels, where appropriate
The maximum award is £2,000 which may form all or part of the total costs of the project. Larger projects involving other sponsors are also funded.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on the 7th September 2020.
For further information please view – https://www.britishecologicalsociety.org/funding/outreach-grants/