Two Volunteer Coordinators sought at One Walsall
16 Sep 2020 by Mazeline Hemmings
One Walsall provides infrastructure and support for the borough’s voluntary and community sector organisations, and brokerage for people seeking volunteering roles. It is an independent charity providing support to help local voluntary and community organisations develop and sustain their activities and engage residents in voluntary action.
One Walsall are seeking motivated and experienced individuals who share its values to become their first ever, place-based Volunteer Coordinators. The aim of these two new roles is to enhance One Walsall’s offer for both Walsall residents wishing to volunteer and the voluntary and community sector recruiting volunteers.
Salary: £21,000 per annum (plus 3% pension contribution when matched by employee)
The Coordinators will be place-based within respective communities, covering the four geographical areas of the borough between them. They will also work closely with One Walsall’s Development Officers who cover the same territory.
This structure will enable voluntary sector and community groups to forge close working relationships with their designated coordinator; the coordinators, in turn, will develop an in-depth knowledge of their local area’s volunteering needs and opportunities.
The Volunteer Coordinator posts will establish, support and grow the volunteer network across the borough. They will help organisations to understand the importance of robust volunteer recruitment processes and the requirements of different roles (e.g. DBS checks). The coordinators will support organisations to:
– Assess their need for volunteers
– Re-imagine service delivery that effectively utilises volunteers
– Develop processes for volunteer advertising, recruitment, training, induction and retention
– Promote their services and the value of volunteering via a variety of mediums
– Access support via Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities by building relationships with local businesses
The post holders will be responsible for providing advice, practical support and training to organisations involving volunteers, working with business and others to identify and develop resources to support volunteering and managing the staff delivering support to people seeking volunteering roles. Key attributes include:
• Experience of successful volunteer recruitment and coordination
• Experience of working with a wide range of voluntary and community organisations
• Developed knowledge of the law and policy landscape of volunteering in the UK
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to pass on knowledge to others through training and one-to-one support
• Ability to work under own initiative and a solution-focused approach to achieve results.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Sarah Taylor, Health and Wellbeing Manager on 01922 619 840 or email@example.com.
Application Packs, including large print copies, may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. See job description and person spec.
The closing date for applications is 5.00 pm on Friday 9th October 2020. Interviews to be held on Monday 26 October 2020
Further information can be found on the website.
Due to limited resources, feedback to applicants will only be supplied to those candidates who are interviewed