Promoting Safeguarding and Wellbeing in your workforce – A briefing around modern slavery/exploitation
21 Sep 2020 by Leona
- Training Support and Resources
The current pandemic has exacerbated the vulnerability of victims and survivors of modern slavery, it has created new vulnerabilities and we know that those responsible for modern slavery will use many different tactics to exploit victims.
This session is for any voluntary and community organisation in Sandwell to find out more about how you can safely support your workforce and your organisation effectively around modern slavery and exploitation:-
• Why are we here – why this issue is important to you and your organisation
• What is the prevalence of the issue in Sandwell?
• Making it real for you – a case study to highlight the issues
• Dispelling the myths and misconceptions
• Safe recruitment
• Spotting signs of concern
• Knowing how to respond if you have concern
• Do you want to know more?
The session will take place on Tuesday 20th October from 12 noon – 1pm
The session will be held through Zoom and the joining instructions will be sent to you nearer the time.
To book onto the session please go to – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/promoting-safeguarding-and-wellbeing-for-your-workforce-tickets-121391913481