British Science Week 2021 Kick Start Grants Now Open
28 Sep 2020 by Leona
- Funding Opportunities
The British Science Association has announced that applications for British Science Week “Kick Start” grants have reopened for applications.
As part of the British Science Week (BSW), the British Science Association, with funding from UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), is providing grants for schools in challenging circumstances to organise their own science and engineering events.
British Science Week (BSW), which is a ten-day celebration of science, technology, engineering, and maths.
There are four types of grant:
• Kick Start Youth grant: a grant of £150 for your school to run an activity during British Science Week organised and delivered by students aged 10-19.
• Kick Start grant: a grant of £300 for your school to run an activity during British Science Week.
• Kick Start More grant: a grant of £700 for your school to host a science event or activity which involves your students and the local community. The community can comprise of families/carers, members of local community groups, local businesses and local press.
• NEW! Kick Start grant + Youth grant: a grant of £450 for your school to run an activity during British Science Week and an additional activity organised and delivered by students aged 10-19.
To be eligible students must be from a school that fulfills one or more of the following criteria.
• Have a high proportion (over 30%) of pupils eligible for the pupil premium or equivalent;
• Have a high proportion (over 30%) of pupils from ethnic minority backgrounds;
• Be a small school based in a remote and rural location.
For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 5pm on the 9th November 2020.
For further information please view – https://www.britishscienceweek.org/about-us/grants/kick-start-grant-scheme/