Free online Loan Shark Training Session
05 Oct 2020 by Mazeline Hemmings
A free online Loan shark training session will be available on Tuesday 17th November at 11.00 am. The training will be with Nadeem Mahammed from Birmingham Council’s Illegal Money Lending Team
Anyone can be a victim of a loan shark – your family, friends, neighbours and even you. It’s not always easy to spot a loan shark as they come in all shapes and sizes and will at first appear friendly, just part of the community. It is when you can’t pay that they will turn on you.
To book a place contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• Are running an unauthorised businesses under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000
• Often refuse to tell the borrower how much they still owe or when repayments finish.
• Often increase the debt or add additional amounts.
• May take items as security- including passports, bank cards and driving licences.
• May resort to violence, threats and intimidation.
• What is being done to stop this?
The Illegal Money Lending Team investigates illegal money lending and any related offences. In the past this has included violence, blackmail, drugs offences, threats, kidnap and even rape.
If you think you may be involved with a loan shark, call the team in confidence on 0300 555 2222 or Text 0786 002 2116. E-mail email@example.com.