B&Q Community Reuse Scheme
30 Nov 2020 by Mazeline Hemmings
- Community News
- Funder News
- VCS Feature
The DIY store, B&Q, operates a reuse scheme through its branches in the UK. Beneficiaries of unsellable items for reuse are hospices, registered charities, youth groups, scouts and guides, pre-school groups and registered child minders, community groups, schools and colleges.
All items are donated on the understanding that they will be re-used or disposed of responsibly if they are not used.
Donated items, includes:
– Old products that have been written off
– Plants that are not in peak condition and other compostable materials
– Wood, including off cuts and single use pallets
– Plastic plant pots and trays
– Damaged or part filled cans of paint
– Broken tiles and slabs
– Ends of wallpaper rolls
Groups that are interested should contact the store, to be added to its community group database. The store will get in touch when it has something to donate.