Finding Volunteers Using Social Media
08 Dec 2020 by Libby Mahoney
The National Lottery in their article discuss the power of social media and harnessing this tool to reach out to people in the community, to be able to find that extra pair of helping hands. They explore the different ways and channels that can be used to scout out volunteers for your organisation or activity.
They following topics with additional reading are discussed:
- Make a visual advert,
- Come with a specific ask,
- Provide a ‘call to action‘ in your social media posts,
- Recognise current volunteers,
- Use a hastag and tagging and
- Ask local elected reps and people of interest in your community to share.
To read the full article click here.
If you have a volunteering opportunity or would like support with a volunteering concern then please do get in touch with Kim Fuller SCVO’s Growing Participation and Volunteering Mentor by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re here to help support your organisation develop and grow.
Source: The National Lottery