Tips For Successful Fundraising
12 Jan 2021 by Libby Mahoney
- Did you know...?
Directory of Social Change talk you through their five tips to writing applications that gain the attention of Grant-making Trusts & Foundations and other grant funders.
Getting the attention of funder has never been so important as now as many charitable organisations are looking to survive and thrive during the pandemic.
There tips include:
- Research – A vital part of the process.
- Make it personal – Write in their tone, share how you fulfil their objectives and reflect back some of their language.
- Don’t waffle – People involved in shortlisting and final decision-making have to read a lot of applications/ proposals. So make it concise and punchy!
- Change your shoes! – So often fundraisers approach the process from this position: an organisation wanting money. Change it round! Wear the funders’ shoes and think like them.
- Submission deadlines – Some funders only start to look at applications after the closing date but others start the sifting process as they come in.
To read the full article click here.