Carers Assistance Line
Do you care for someone living in Sandwell? A carer can be anyone of any age who provides regular and on-going care and emotional support to another person. You could be a family member, friend, neighbour, or you may be a foster carer.
Caring can make you feel isolated and worried, as well as putting a lot of pressure on you, so we are very pleased to introduce the Crossroads Carers Assistance Line (CAL), thanks to funding from the Community Lottery Fund.
The service is free to access and open to carers of any age living in Sandwell. A carer may live in Sandwell, but care for someone within a nearby local area.
The Crossroads Carers Assistance Line provides a caring, listening ear and can support you in many practical ways –
• Confidential, one-to-one support
• Advice, information and guidance over the phone or face-to-face
• Signposting to other specialist support services and/or groups provided by Crossroads and other organisations based within Sandwell
• Help to reinstate previous/pre-COVID care arrangements or facilitate new arrangements
• Advice on how to gain a Carers Assessment from the Local Authority
• Wellbeing support, coaching/mentoring
• Support and practical training provided in the home, by our in-house trainer, for carers of people with complex needs
• Access to Carers Trust Emergency Fund
You can refer into the CAL service by accessing the Sandwell Crossroads website http://www.sandwellcrossroads.org/services/carers-assistance-line/ you can either fill out the PDF referral form and send this to CAL@sandwellcrossroads.org, fill out the online enquiry form or call us on 0121 803 6830 and one of our advisors will help you.