Vaccination Leadership Programme
28 Jan 2021 by Leona
- Community News
- News and Events
The vaccination programme – the biggest in NHS history – is off to a strong start, and more than 4 million doses have now been delivered across the country, covering almost one in four people over the age of 80.
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is the most effective way of protecting people against this deadly and devastating virus. Our ambitions are set high and we want all communities to have a maximum uptake in people getting their vaccine. COVID-19 has adversely impacted on our marginalised and vulnerable communities. Ensuring uptake of vaccinations amongst all our richly diverse community is a way of bucking this trend.
We can’t do this alone.
As trusted and influential pillars of strength in your community we recognise the power you have to work to improve health outcomes.
Sandwell Public Health are offering an in-depth COVID-19 vaccination leader training and support programme. The programme will include:
• Exclusive online briefings with our Director of Public Health and other public health specialists on the latest local data
• How to tackle vaccine misinformation
• Tips and techniques on how to be a powerful influencer
• Access to a promotional toolkit and resources
• Priority access to bespoke creative and marketing services including: printing, graphic design, social media content and much more.
The training will be delivered virtually via Microsoft teams and will last 1.5 hours in total. The dates and times of sessions are below. You only need to attend one of these sessions.
10th February- 10:30- 12noon
11th February- 5:30- 7pm
Places on this programme are limited so book soon to avoid disappointment.
To apply please email: PHCovid19Community@sandwell.gov.uk
Please state in the email:
• Organisation you are affiliated with
• Why you want to be a COVID-19 vaccination leader
• Which session you would like to book onto
This programme is part of Sandwell’s community response to COVID-19. In partnership with SCVO, we have also a created a new strand of the current Vision 2030 grants programme which will enable applications to be made for small grants. For more information, please visit- https://scvo.info/call-to-promote-take-up-of-covid-19-vaccinations/