Kaleidoscope offers out of hours Mental Health Support
19 May 2021 by Mazeline Hemmings
- Support & Services
- Did you know...?
- Health & Wellbeing
Kaleidoscope’s Sanctuary Hub offers out-of-hours support to people in Sandwell who need help with their mental health. Trained staff can offer assistance either face-to-face, via telephone or through email and text by:
• Giving people space and time to talk in a non-judgmental environment
• Work with them to reduce any immediate pressures
• Providing advice and signposting to specialist services, catering for individual needs
• Supporting them to manage their mental health and discuss coping strategies
• Letting them know about tools and techniques that may reduce the intensity of their feelings.
The service operates outside of daytime hours for anyone who needs help when statutory services are closed. It is also the aim of the service to reduce the pressure placed on A&E departments and crisis teams, by offering an alternative place to seek support for those in need of help.
Call 0121 289 6111
Monday – Friday: 6.00 pm to 11.00 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 12 noon to 11.00 pm
WhatsApp / Text 07800 006 472
The Sanctuary Hub is currently operating a remote phone support service due to Covid restrictions but will be opening the Sanctuary Hub on 1st June 2021, to enable face to face engagement.
Similar services are currently offered in Dudley, Walsall and Wolverhampton. Kaleidoscope are pleased to be able to offer a similar resource in Sandwell and know it will be of great benefit to residents across the borough.