Caldonia Dances presents ‘Weight/Wait’ Project
01 Jun 2021 by Libby Mahoney
- Children & Young People
Caldonia Dances are offering digital and/or in-person workshop packages to Secondary Schools, Colleges, Universities and Youth Groups for young people 14+ in the West Midlands from September 2021 on a first come first served basis.
The offer(s) include:
- A 25-minute dance theatre film ‘Weight/Wait’ which explores the mental and physical ‘weight’ of our thoughts and inner voice. It is an interactive, intimate work that tackles the stark rise in mental health issues in young people, offering solution and direction in a relatable and accessible way.
- A Worksheet and Learning Plan for teachers and young people that can be completed during and after the film, creating a dialogue around mental health.
- Support sheets with relevant charities and organisation information for extra support
- An 1 hour session between the teacher and Artistic Director Caldonia Walton for questions/planning/delivery support.
- A Half or Full Day in-person Workshop
You will need to book your place using the Booking Form: https://forms.gle/y7EeLQyQ2FihfXN28
For more information on Caldonia & Katharine – Weight_Wait – Education Offer 2021.