Free legal advice for housing-related matters.
Lawstop, is a legal aid solicitors’ firm that has recently expanded and set up staff in the Sandwell area. With the housing legal aid contracts they have in place, this means they can offer free legal advice and help to individuals eligible for legal aid.
Lawstop can take all housing cases including:
- Where a person has applied as homeless, and the Council have provided a negative written decision letter (s184) and they have 21 days to lodge a review and the person needs accommodation pending the review decision.
- Where a person has received a negative review decision (s202) and they have 21 days to appeal to the County Court. Accommodation pending appeal.
- Failure by the Council to provide suitable temporary accommodation (s188 or s193).
- Representations on behalf of someone who is homeless because the accommodation they are in is no longer reasonable for them to continue to occupy (s175).
- All possession and eviction matters.
- Disrepair cases.
- Any policy challenges.
To find out more information, including how to make contact, please visit their website: www.lawstop.co.uk