FREE Mental Health Training
25 Oct 2021 by Leona
- Training Support and Resources
We know that Mental Health and Wellbeing is so important and we are pleased to offer Voluntary and Community Sector Organisations FREE Mental Health Training. The Community Partnerships and Support Services Team have partnered with Sandwell Consortium and have secured funding to deliver an i-act Understanding and Promoting Positive Mental Health and Wellbeing Course in each of the six towns of Sandwell.
At this stage places will be limited to 1 per organisation but if more spaces become available we will be able to offer any extra places on a first come first served basis.
This accredited i-act training is aimed at supporting employees/front-line workers to improve their own wellbeing and support others who may experience a mental health or wellbeing issue.
The course highlights how we can all improve our wellbeing to help build resilience.
This course comes with a 168-page evidence based course manual, toolkit and resource pack for each participant.
Course objectives – the online i-act course for ALL volunteers aims to:
– give participants a greater understanding of mental health and wellbeing issues, and help them recognise when they may need further help and support,
– provide some practical tools for managing stress, anxiety and low mood, and for promoting positive wellbeing to help build resilience,
– offer guidance and advice for how we can connect with colleagues who may be experiencing mental health or wellbeing issue,
– equip participants with a resource pack, toolkit, and signposting to further help and support concerning mental health and wellbeing issues.
Once the course is completed your registration/certification as an i-act (for positive mental health and wellbeing) practitioner lasts for three years, as does your access to the online i-act resources.
The course is delivered online through MS Teams and is 4 hours duration. The course will take place on Tuesday 7th December 1pm-5pm.
To book a place please reply with the participants name, organisation and email address before Friday 5 November to – email@example.com