Tesco Community Grants Helping to Fight Holiday Hunger
07 Dec 2021 by Libby Mahoney
Tesco Community Grants fund thousands of local community projects across the UK, helping to fight holiday hunger, tackle mental health, support young people, host community events and much more.
The scheme is open to all registered charities and not-for-profit organisations, with priority given to projects that provide food and support to young people.
Examples of eligible applications with a focus on food security, children and young people could be:
- A local school needing support to buy food for a children’s breakfast club,
- A voluntary organisation working with families to run a food bank,
- A charity supporting young people with specialist advice to manage mental health,
- A brownie or scout group needing new camping equipment,
- Kitchen equipment for a youth project to set up a holiday club,
- Supporting a community centre wanting to put on a Christmas lunch or Meals on Wheels service,
- A healthy eating project that supports families to cook healthy meals on a budget,
- A local friends of a park group wanting to develop a new toddler area.
Tesco colleagues in each store will help select those needing a little help in your local area and when our customers are given a blue token, in any of our Tesco stores at the checkout, they can vote for their favourite charity to receive a grant.
For more information contact Jenna Small, Groundwork by email at Jenna.Small@groundwork.org.uk or call her on 07872 857196