One Walsall: Volunteer Centre Manager
One Walsall provides infrastructure support for the borough’s voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations. They are a small, passionate, and energetic team committed to the aim of supporting a strong local voluntary and community sector and inspiring local social action. One Walsall would like to recruit a Volunteer Centre Manager to join the team, on the following terms:
- Salary: £25,000 (pro-rata if part time)
- Term: Permanent, Flexible / Hybrid Working
- Hours: Full time but part time considered
The Volunteer Centre supports organisations involving volunteers, such as charities, community groups, social enterprises, and public-sector bodies to deliver best practice in the recruitment, management, and coordination of volunteers. The Centre also offers advice and information to people seeking volunteering opportunities, brokers volunteer placements, and helps to raise the profile of volunteering in the borough through events and communications.
The Volunteer Centre Manager is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of these activities and the development of specific projects and initiatives to increase voluntary activity in Walsall. The post is responsible for providing advice, practical support and training to organisations involving volunteer, working with business and others to identify and develop resources to support volunteering and managing the staff delivering support to people seeking volunteering roles.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of successful volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Developed knowledge of the law and policy landscape of volunteering in the UK
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to pass on knowledge to others through training and one-to-one support
- Ability to work under own initiative and a solution-focused approach to achieve results.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Amanda Murfin, Office Manager, on 01922 619840 or via email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5 pm on Wednesday 16th November 2022.
Interviews expected to be held W/C 28th November 2022.