Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Information Session
02 Mar 2023 by Libby Mahoney
- Children & Young People
- News and Events
The Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) programme offers free holiday activities, including healthy food, to children and young people across the UK. The programme is funded by the Department for Education and will cover the Easter, summer, and Winter holidays with a focus on supporting Income Eligible Free School Meal Pupils.
Easter activities will run from Saturday 1st April to Sunday 16th April 2023.
We would like to use this meeting as an opportunity to:
– Present the Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) programme
– Share some of the exciting activities available in your area
– Explain the HAF process for those pupils eligible for benefit related Free School Meals and pupils who are not eligible.
– A ‘Question and Answer’ opportunity regarding any aspects of the programme
– Find out how the HAF team can support you to support families
Why is Sandwell HAF so important?
Good quality holiday provision can be a ‘lifesaver’ for many families, supporting them with the rising costs of food, childcare and activities. These enriching experiences encourage children to try new things, learn new skills, grow in confidence and widen their social skills.
Sandwell HAF ensures that eligible children have access to healthy food and as well as fun, enriching activities to help keep them active throughout the school holidays.
Families who take part in the programme will also be able to develop their understanding of nutrition and food budgeting by having access to information and support.
For further information, please visit https://holidayactivities.sandwell.gov.uk/