Board Members Need With Gateway Family Services CIC
Gateway Family Services CIC is an established provider of Health and Wellbeing services across Birmingham, Solihull and the wider Black Country. We are a Community Interest Company which means we have a strong focus on the communities we work in, delivering work mainly to the NHS and Local Authorities, often in partnership with other Third Sector organisations such as Age UK Solihull and Murray Hall.
We currently provide services including Neighbourhood Network Scheme and Early Help in Edgbaston, supporting older adults, those with additional needs and families as well as the Integrated Lifestyle Service in Solihull as part of Public Health’s Wellbeing offer. The service provides group and one to one support for people wishing to make changes to their lifestyle. Other services include Social Prescribing for a large number of GP Practices in both Birmingham and Solihull and hosting the Maternity Voices Partnerships across the Black Country as well as in Birmingham and Solihull.
You can find out more about our services on our website: www.gatewayfs.org
Our Aims and Objectives include:
- Providing innovative health and wellbeing services
- Providing intensive support to those who need it most
- Training and developing people with a focus on those who have barriers to learning or employment
- Making lasting change by building resilience and raising aspirations
About the Board
We currently have a number of vacancies on our Board of Non-Executive Directors. The Board sets the strategic direction for the organisation and provide the governance. This typically involves a commitment to sharing knowledge and experience, reading monthly reports, providing feedback and attending evening, bi-monthly meetings (virtual) and infrequent face to face events.
You don’t necessarily have to have previous Board Experience as support and training will be provided. What we’re looking for most of all is:
- Understanding of Management – structures and challenges
- Life circumstances that allow for sustained commitment to the organisation on a regular basis
- Accountability – Board members must accept responsibility that comes with being on a Board
- Skills or interest that provide value to the Board and the organisation. This might include professional skills such as law or finance knowledge; understanding of or interest in a specific area such as one of the geographical areas or service areas we work in; a general understanding of the Health and Social care field
If the above sounds of interest and you’d like to know more, please contact Maxine Brown to request an information pack – email@example.com or call Maxine on 0121 456 7820. Alternatively, please take a look at our website – www.gatewayfs.org
Closing date for completed applications is midnight on Sunday 16th April 2023.