Funded Suicide Prevention Training in Sandwell
17 May 2023 by Libby Mahoney
- Sandwell Council
- Training Support and Resources
PAPYRUS would like to invite you to participate in their funded SP-EAK Suicide Prevention: An introduction to Suicide Prevention skills training taking place throughout 2023/24.
At PAPYRUS they believe in a community approach to suicide prevention, a key part of which is equipping people with the confidence to talk openly about suicide, and to have the knowledge and skills to have those life-saving conversations.
They are really keen to work with staff working with young people and adults in our communities who would benefit from access to suicide prevention training to challenge the stigma that is often attached to issues surrounding suicide or suicidal behaviours. Click here to find out more about the training available funded via Sandwell Council’s Public Health Grant for professionals in the council’s footprint.
The key objectives are:
- To consider the attitudes, myths and stigma that surround suicide
- To recognise and explore the ‘signs’ that may indicate someone is having thoughts of suicide
- To encourage an open, safe and sensitive conversation about suicide with a person having thoughts of suicide
- To support a safety plan with someone thinking of suicide.
Delivery Time: 3.5 hours delivered online via Zoom
If you are interested in one of these sessions or require additional information, please contact Hannah Garner by email at firstname.lastname@example.org