Funded Suicide Prevention Training in Sandwell
22 May 2023 by Mazeline Hemmings
PAPYRUS have been commissioned to deliver funded suicide prevention training to people working within Sandwell. The first session will be Monday, the 5th of June.
PAPYRUS believe in a community approach to suicide prevention, a key part of which is equipping people with the confidence to talk openly about suicide, and to have the knowledge and skills to have those life-saving conversations. This is something they offer through our range of suicide prevention training.
The organisation is keen to ensure that staff working with young people and adults in our communities can access and benefit from suicide prevention training to challenge the stigma that is often attached to issues surrounding suicide or suicidal behaviours.
There is a wide range of suicide prevention training available during 2023/24.
The key objectives are:
- To consider the attitudes, myths and stigma that surround suicide.
- To recognise and explore the ‘signs’ that may indicate someone is having thoughts of suicide.
- To encourage an open, safe and sensitive conversation about suicide with a person having thoughts of suicide
- To support a safety plan with someone thinking of suicide.
- EAK Suicide Prevention – Explore, Ask, Keep-Safe. An introduction to Suicide Prevention skills
Delivery Time: 3.5 hours delivered online via Zoom.
If you are interested in one of these sessions, or have questions, please email Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org