Are You Passionate About Your Local NHS Services And Want To Make A Difference
02 Jun 2023 by Karen Tuckley
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (BCHFT) is looking for people who are over 16 years of age and live in Sandwell, Walsall, Dudley, Wolverhampton, Birmingham and the wider West Midlands or Central England, to nominate themselves to become a governor of the Trust.
It is a rewarding role that will enable you to become an advocate and ambassador for local people and communities and to help shape the future of BCHFT’s services to ensure patients and carers receive the best possible care.
As a governor you will also have the opportunity to:
- Support and help continually achieve the Trust’s vision of: ‘Together with you to achieve healthier, happier lives’
- Represent your own views and experiences
- Be an advocate for what matters most to local communities and share these with the Board of Directors
- Be updated on the Trust’s performance and developments, as well as seek performance assurance from the Board of Directors
- Act as an ambassador for your area of expertise or interest group
- Attend and support the planning of member engagement events
- Help build their membership community to ensure that it is representative of the communities the Trust serves
All you need is compassion, commitment and a desire to help make a difference. Although this is a voluntary role, no experience is required as ongoing training and support will be provided.
If you are interested in this opportunity but would like to find out more, the Trust is running virtual information sessions for prospective governors on:
Wednesday 7 June, 10am – 11am
Monday 12 June, 5.30pm – 6.30pm
To register visit: becomingagovernor.eventbrite.co.uk
If you are confident this role is for you, submit your application online today: www.cesvotes.com/BlackCountry2023
You will need to become a member of the Trust (if you aren’t already) before submitting your application by completing the free online membership form.
Closing date for nominations is Tuesday 27 June 2023.
If you have any specific questions about the role or the election process, please contact Lottie Reid in BCHFT’s membership office on 0121 613 8032 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more please click here.