Become an SCVO Member
Sandwell’s Voluntary and Community Sector is strongest when it works and stands together. As a membership organisation demonstrating the broad reach and diversity of our Sector, SCVO:
- Carries greater weight in its representative role enabling a clearer voice for the voluntary and community sector,
- Can more effectively champion the Sector and create a stronger profile for your organisation, and
- Is able to draw in more resources to develop and sustain local members
We would like to invite you to become a member of SCVO; to be part of something bigger, together with more than 650 other local voluntary and community organisations.
SCVO membership is free, and it’s simple to join.
It is open to any organisation which:
- Is a community-focused, formalised (constituted) body, whether incorporated or not, that is wholly not-for-profit or does not distribute profits for personal or private gain.
- Has a Board or Management Committee comprising of a minimum of 3 members who give their time in a voluntary (non-paid) capacity.
- Is actively delivering services in Sandwell or undertaking activities for the benefit of Sandwell Communities.
- Has a governing document e.g. a constitution or terms of reference.
- Is not engaged in party political activity
All members gain certain entitlements and access to our complete range of services which includes regular updates and newsletters on Sector issues, funding and training, reduced fees at training and events and reduced charges for room hire. In addition SCVO membership entitles your organisation to nomination and voting rights.
Current range of benefits and discounts:-
- Promote your venue: generate extra income, register free and get your venue listed on line. Alternatively look for somewhere to host an event or hold regular activities
- Get a discount on room hire at SCVO: located in the town centre of West Bromwich, SCVO offers a board room (seats up to 30 people ) and a smaller room (seats 6-8 people);
- Discounts on a range of training and events and the most up to date offers available: please visit our website www.scvo.info
To apply for membership, please download our membership application form, complete the application form, sign and return to SCVO.
For further information about becoming a member please contact SCVO 0121 525 1127