St Albans Community Association, provides a wide range of services to the local community. The organisation is looking to recruit an Activities Co-ordinator.
Hours of Work: Min 27 hours per week
Salary: Starting at £8.00 per hour
Annual Leave: 5 weeks per year pro-rata
Responsible to: Lunch Club & Day Manager
The Activities Co-ordinator will engage with all users of the ‘Lunch Club’ and Day Care clients, which caters for adults of 50 plus. You will be everyone’s friend, be motivational and encourage clients to participate in activities. You will promote social inclusion and interaction between users of the different services within the Centre.
The right person will ideally hold a Health and Social Care qualification and have experience of working with older people in a community environment. You will help integrate those who usually face isolation into ‘the family’ at the Centre.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Organise an activities programme that will maintain interest and progression over a period of time
• Identify the needs of the collective group and individuals and tailor the activities to suit them
• Recruitment and management of volunteers.
• Engage with agencies and organisations for referrals.
• Encourage involvement from the local community to attend your activities
• You will need to be a committed, patient and caring person with a sense of humour and a positive outlook on life.
• You will also need to be highly motivated and have excellent communication skills to deliver your activity programmes to a range of people.
• You will need to be able to work with and support carers and families.
• You will need to be able to work well in a team and liaise with other staff, volunteers and other Organisations within the Centre.
• The main aim is to improve the intellectual, physical and overall health of the people within the centre.
If you are interested in the vacancy, please send a CV to email@example.com or call Carol on 0121 558 0018, for further information.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 18 January 2019.