Brushstrokes is an award-winning project in partnership with Father Hudson’s Care, The Infant Jesus Sisters and the parish of St Philip Neri, Smethwick. The project is well established with a proven track record in supporting refugees, asylum seekers and migrants in Sandwell and surrounding areas. Brushstrokes is seeking to recruit a
a Community Development Worker to develop and coordinate community involvement and activities
Hours: 37 hours per week
Term: Four years fixed until September 2025
Salary: SCP 24-27 (£23,024.00 – £25,320.00 pro rata)
• The post is funded by the National Lottery.
• You will facilitate the ongoing development of Brushstrokes Service User Group
• You will enable a strong migrant voice to inform and engage with commissioners
• You will develop and co-ordinate a range of community and social activities
• You will support the development of new and existing local refugee and migrant community organisations and groups.
The successful applicant will have experience of working with the client group, community development and promoting community participation. Excellent communication and networking skills, together with good IT skills are essential.
You should have an organised approach and the ability to work with people from differing social and cultural backgrounds and committed to the ethos of welcoming the stranger. The role will require the flexibility to undertake evening and weekend work.
If you are interested in this role, you can download a recruitment pack, including job description and application form, here. Alternatively, contact Ali Evans, HR Adviser, at email@example.com, or call 01675 434000 quoting post reference number P1459.
Applications need to be submitted by 25th July, 2021.
Interviews will be held on 30th July, 2021.