Brushstrokes is looking to recruit an Advice Services Manger to cover maternity leave. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing advice, information and support services for refugees, asylum seekers and migrants including OISC regulated Immigration advice and specialist advice on asylum support, housing, welfare benefits and health.
Advice Services are currently being delivered remotely via telephone and the web and from the Centre in Smethwick. The charity hopes to re-establish its satellite sites and outreach in the future.
Salary: SCP 28-32 (£26,140 – £29,797 per annum)
Term: Maternity cover: fixed term to 18 February 2022)
Hours: 37 hours per week (Job Share Considered)
Based: Remotely and in Smethwick
Successful candidates will:
• Have relevant experience of both managing and delivering similar advice services, as well as line managing a staff team within a very busy setting.
• Have an understanding of the issues, legislation and policies connected with refugees, asylum seekers and migrants.
• Need to have an up to date working knowledge of asylum support, welfare, housing and immigration.
• Have knowledge and experience of case management systems, service reporting, monitoring and evaluation, along with compliance with advice quality standards/regulated activity e.g. OISC, and the ability to partnership work.
• Be committed to working with people from differing social and cultural backgrounds and committed to the project’s ethos of ‘Welcoming the Stranger’.
An Enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service will be requested by Father Hudson’s Care, if appointed.
For a discussion about the role and the hours, please call Dave Newall direct on 0121 565 2234.
Applications close on Sunday, 23rd May 2021. Interviews will be held on Friday, 28th May.