Several venues where residents can vote are due to change for this year’s May elections.
Sandwell Council has been informed that the venues listed below are unavailable, and has made recommendations for alternative venues.
The venues changing are:
- Blackheath Central Methodist Church, High Street, Blackheath; proposed new venues Blackheath Library, High Street or Temple Meadows Primary School, Wrights Lane, Cradley Heath, depending on voter’s postcode.
- Smethwick Fire Station; proposed new venue Holy Trinity Church in Church Hill Street, Smethwick.
- Akrill Memorial Methodist Church, The Uplands, Smethwick; proposed new venue Dance Studio at Harry Mitchell Leisure Centre, Broomfield, Smethwick.
- Brandhall Golf Course (Coffee shop) Heron Road, Oldbury; proposed new venue temporary hut on land at the corner of Heron Road and Brook Road, Oldbury.
- Temporary hut on the car park of Ron Davis Family Education and Training Centre, Ballot Street, Smethwick; proposed new venue Community Action Project in Windmill Lane, Smethwick.
- Committee Room A, West Bromwich Town Hall; proposed new venue Ground floor of 1, Providence place, West Bromwich.
Accessibility has been considered at all new venues.
If anyone would like to make any comments on the proposals, please e-mail email@example.com no later than Wednesday 3rd February 2021.