Sandwell Play Week will run for five days from Monday 5 August through to Friday 9 August, to coincide with National Play Day on Wednesday 7 August.
Children can take part in sports, arts and crafts galore to celebrate children’s right to play with Sandwell’s first Play Week!
During the week there will be a ‘build-a-thon’ theme with den building, giant cardboard creations and Lego masters, along with sports, games, craft activities and performance art including a street theatre, dance and a community choir.
All activities are free of charge.
Activities take place daily from 11am to 4pm, except at Lightwoods Park which is 11am to 2pm and is followed by sports activities from the Benson Community Project from 2pm.
• Jubilee Park, Tipton, on Monday 5 August
• Barnford Park, Oldbury, on Tuesday 6 August
• Lightwoods Park, Bearwood, on Wednesday 7 August (please park on the top extension field off Galton Road)
• Dartmouth Park Pavilion, West Bromwich, on Wednesday 7 August
• Brunswick Park, Wednesbury, on Thursday 8 August
• Haden Hill Park, Cradley Heath, on Friday 9 August
Play Week is organised by Sandwell Council’s play service, Go Play Sandwell, and four partner organisations: Creative Academies, Groundwork West Midlands, Murray Hall Community Trust and The Albion Foundation.
For more information about Play Week, or to find out about other free play activities on offer in Sandwell, please visit www.facebook.com/goplaysandwell