Employability provides the key not just to a person’s financial position but also impacts hugely on their health, and the wellbeing and prospects of them, their family and their community. Developing skills, building confidence and moving people closer to the job market is therefore hugely important and there are many local and regional programmes providing support to those who need it.
SCVO, working in partnership with Sandwell Council, invite local voluntary and community organisations with an interest in increasing employability for Sandwell residents to come together to look at how we can make the most of local support provision. Whether you are working directly in this field or your organisation supports people and communities within the work of your organisation who can benefit from this type of support, then this event is for you.
The event will offer you an opportunity to:-
- Reflect on the challenges facing those seeking employment in Sandwell and current initiatives to address these
- Find out moreabout support being offered at a grassroots level by the voluntary and community sector
- Hear from some of the larger scale employment and skills programmes currently being delivered in Sandwell
- Network with others – learn and share information on local support
- Consider with others how together we can improve access, quality and sustainability of employment and skills support in Sandwell
The event is being held on Wednesday 3rd July at The Brasshouse Community Centre, Brasshouse Lane, Smethwick, B66 1BA. Registration/networking will be from 1.30pm with the meeting starting at 2.00pm and closing at 4.00pm.
To book a place please use the following Evenbrite link: https://employmentandskillsbriefing.eventbrite.co.uk