Did you know that Sandwell Adult and Family Learning (SAFL), offers a Paediatric and Adult First Aid course which focuses on emergency scenarios when looking after young children or adults?
It is ideal for carers, parents, grandparents, child minders, and people looking to work in early years or the care sector and is valid for three years.
The skills learnt will enable you to provide safe and effective first aid treatment to any adult or child in an emergency, before professional medical help arrives.
Understand how to administer first aid to any one:
• who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold
• who has sustained an electric shock
• with burns or scalds
• who has been poisoned
• who has been bitten or stung
• with minor injuries, including cuts, grazes, bumps and bruises, small splinters and nose bleeds
• with conditions affecting the eyes, ears and nose
• with head and spinal injuries
• with anaphylaxis
• who is suffering from shock.
SAFL can deliver this training in any of its learning centres or out in community venues and schools. Parents and Carers of children who live in Sandwell, or attend a Sandwell school, can enrol on this course for a special rate of £5.00 rather of the normal course fee of £29.00.
Individuals or organisations interested in their staff/clients completing this course should email email@example.com or call 0121 557 0837 for more details.