Charities are being urged to apply for one of the grants The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) has made available to promote and support independent, innovative research and solutions focused on privacy and data protection issues.
There will be a number of grants awarded each year. Awards will be for a minimum £20,000 and a maximum £100,0000.
The objectives of the ICO Grants Programme are to:
- Support and encourage research and privacy enhancing solutions in significant areas of data protection risk, focused on projects that will make a real different to the UK public.
- Increase awareness of privacy enhancing solutions with data controllers across the UK.
- Improve understanding of how individuals view privacy issues, interactions with new technologies and promote better public awareness.
- Promote uptake and application of research results by relevant stakeholders, including policy makers.
- Develop existing privacy research capacity in academic and not-for-profit sectors.
Proposals do not need to be technology based but must have practical application and provide real world solutions that are of clear public benefit to the UK.
Further information about the Grants Programme, including eligibility, funding and outcome expectations is available on a dedicated page on the ICO website.
To view the full article click here.
Source: Charity Digital News