West Smethwick Enterprise Family Centre is a community-based organisation with an aim to improve outcomes for children and families.
We currently provide high quality Pre-School facilities for children aged between 2-5, across 5 locations in Smethwick and Ladywood, Birmingham, as well as family support services for children and their families within the local community, stay and play sessions and a supported child contact centre.
We are also building local professional capability for the Early Years sector itself through pioneering partnerships with Higher Education providers. This initiative is primarily driven through our Centre of Excellence, based in Ladywood, Birmingham.
As WSE’s Chief Executive, you will be responsible for leading and growing a sustainable, resilient and agile organisation, capable of delivering an ambitious strategy; growing talent and capability; building successful partnerships with a wide variety of entities and attracting suitable investment.
Reports to: West Smethwick Enterprise (WSE) Board of Trustees (BoT)
Location: A total of 5 sites in Smethwick and Ladywood, Birmingham
Hours: 2 days/week (16 hours)
Salary: £63k/per annum (actual of £26k per annum + pro rata benefits)
• To be a key voice and ambassador for WSE to key stakeholders, existing and potential partners, our families and our communities;
• To lead the organisation internally through high quality guidance, support, challenge and direction setting;
• To develop a robust talent and succession strategy;
• To manage any HR related escalations as required.
• In conjunction with the BoT, to take overall responsibility for setting and articulating strategic direction at WSE.
Partnership and development
• To maintain and develop strategically significant partnership and identify/develop new partnership
opportunities which enables WSE to meet its strategy and objectives;
• To raise the profile, reach and positive impact of WSE through a pro-active approach to business
• To oversee the preparation of bids to obtain funding for both existing and new initiatives.
• To report to the BoT quarterly, providing financial reporting, activity reporting, evidence for key
recommendations, and assurance around highlighted risks;
• To monitor cashflow and projections to ensure that the business remains financially sustainable. Make plans and adaptations accordingly, if our financial position weakens.
• Management of finance outputs, controls & monthly reviews
• Oversee the compilation and delivery of the annual delivery plan and meeting of KPIs which you will agree collectively with the BoT and other commissioning bodies
Governance and compliance
• In consultation with the BoT, to ensure that the WSE overall governance structure, policies and procedures are appropriate, effective and consistently implemented.
• Senior Management Team of a Director of Children’s services and 2 Children’s Services Managers;
• 33 staff and a number of volunteers, student placements and kickstart placements;
• Turnover range £500k-£1m;
If your skills and experience closely match the principal accountabilities described, please request a full Job description from Laura Richmond at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should then be received by Friday 27th May 2022. Interviews on afternoon of 6th June and morning of 8th June 2022