Sandwell College is seeking work placements for its students as part of their study programme.
All 16-19-year-old students on full-time study programmes are either required or encouraged to complete a high-quality work experience as part of their programme.
At Sandwell College, we aspire to provide work experience of 30 hours to all our students where possible, giving them the opportunity to work in a genuine workplace environment, developing their employability and industry skills. As a young person, they gain essential skills required for their future career or further study.
Sandwell College courses are designed to give our students the skills for modern workplaces.
What are the benefits for you as an employer?
By offering a work experience, you can benefit from:
- Opportunities to trial the abilities of a potential employee or apprentice
- Working with students who are interested in working in your line of business and the ability to set them specific projects
- Flexible placements – you can vary them to suit your particular business needs and come in all shapes and sizes
- Attracting new skills and fresh perspectives from students that may benefit your business
- Promotion of your business
- Working with the college to develop programmes of study for your sector/business
- Benefiting from the knowledge and enthusiasm that students can bring
This could have a positive impact on your business as they put relevant skills learnt in your specific industry sector into practice and develop as potential employees to help your business grow.
How can you get involved?
We work with employers who can offer our students 30 hours’ work experience or a group of students who can work on a project.
All of our employers are key to our future workforce and by providing work experience or working with Sandwell College, you are helping to build the skills of future employees. It will allow you to trial the abilities of a potential employee, meaning you can vary them to suit your particular business needs.
We are always looking for industry experts to share their experiences with our students, either at the College, or better still, at your premises. It all helps to develop our learners’ employability skills, which in turn benefits business.
We are seeking employers who can support Sandwell College by providing work experience for students in all subject areas. These include but are not exclusively:
- Art, Design & Media
- Business & IT
- Construction; Engineering and all Dry trades
- Hair, Beauty, Make-up and Production Arts
- Motor Vehicle
- Travel & Tourism
- Sciences (all sectors)
- Health and Safety
We appreciate that not all employers are able to provide the full 30 hours’ work experience but if you are interested in working with Sandwell College. We would love to hear from you.
If you can offer work experience relevant to one of these subject areas, or if you have any questions, please contact: Stuart Williams, Work Experience Officer: T – 0121 667 5074 E – Stuart.Williams@sandwell.ac.uk