Jigsaw Events is a small charity that provides a range of support to people with a learning disability in Sandwell.
We are working with Sandwell Council to support the vaccine roll-out to people with a learning disability in the borough. We will have a particular focus on the group of people who are not eligible for formal support and have limited family and peer support.
We can help people with a learning disability who are referred to us in the following ways:
- booking an appointment
- sending a letter to remind them when and where their appointments are
- making sure their GP practice knows they have a learning disability
- talking to them about Covid-19 or the vaccines if they have any concerns
- helping them to work out a travel plan to get to the vaccination centre
- reminding them on the day
- giving easy read information about the vaccine
- talking to them afterwards to see how they got on
In addition we will
- ensure all people with a learning disability are registered with a GP, and that their records note they have a learning disability.
- accept referrals from Healthy Sandwell and other partner agencies
- make referrals to Healthy Sandwell and other partners in order to provide additional support and resolve any issues the residents might be experiencing
- share our learning about the barriers and solutions in working with this hard-to-reach group
- develop joined-up approaches with public health to improve the health and well-being of residents with a learning disability
To refer people, please contact us on 07543 194887 or email email@example.com
The project will be running until the end of August 2021.