Do you know someone who would like to be part of Birmingham 2022?
Please help us to get the message out to Sandwell residents as Birmingham 2022 announces deadline for volunteer applications.
Applications to volunteer at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games will close on Tuesday 17 August at 7pm.
- 13,000 volunteers will form the ‘Commonwealth Collective’ – and will be based across the region during the Games.
- Following the closing dates, successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview in the autumn.
- Apply by 7pm on 17 August at birmingham2022.com/get-involved/volunteering/
Birmingham 2022 is the “Games for Everyone” and they are looking for volunteers that reflect the diverse communities of Birmingham, the West Midlands and the UK.
You don’t need any formal qualifications or experience to apply to be a volunteer. If you have any specific skills or qualifications, you can let them know in your application and they’ll do all they can to assign you to a role that’s relevant to your experience. Volunteering looks great on your CV and gives you the chance to learn some new skills.
Volunteers must satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be at least 18 years old by 1 January 2022.
- You must be available to volunteer for the full duration of the Games (28 July – 8 August 2022) period and commit to complete a minimum of eight volunteer shifts;
- You must be able to speak and read English or communicate using British Sign Language (BSL);
- You must be eligible to volunteer in the UK;
- You must agree to, and pass, relevant security risk assessment checks;
- You will be required to accept the volunteer role and venue you are offered;
- You must complete and attend all required training.
Birmingham 2022 welcome applications from people who also speak additional languages, and you can let them know about this in your application.
Don’t miss the chance to join the #CommonwealthCollective and be part of something truly special.