Here is a great opportunity to become a British Triathlon Swim, Bike, Run Community Activator at a course on Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 November, 9.30 am – 4.30 pm, at Cradley Heath Community Link, 72 High Street, Cradley Heath, B64 5HL.
Pre-requisites and Eligibility Criteria
- The course is aimed at those who do not already hold a sports coaching qualification.
- Minimum age of 14 years.
What will I learn?
- What is meant by activation and your role as a Swim, Bike, Run Community Activator.
- The importance of building relationships and connecting with the people you work with.
- Different types of communication.
- What the STEPS model is and how adaptations can be adapted to include everyone.
- The planning process and what information you will need to consider.
- What an Activator needs to consider in terms of insurance, first aid and reporting accidents/injuries.
- How to introduce participants with no previous experience of cycling to the cycling environment, developing confidence and being at ease on the bike. .
- How to plan and facilitate a safe walk/run/ride.
- Face-to-face course with practical elements
There is no formal assessment, however you must complete the whole course.
To book a place please complete the booking form via this link