Nominations are now open for the Smethwick Community Awards 2019. It’s an opportunity for local people and community organisations to be recognised for their outstanding contributions to the Smethwick town and its people. The Smethwick Community Awards 2019 is organised by the Sandwell Community Hubs in partnership with the Sandwell Council. Nominees are being sought for seven categories of awards.
The categories open for submissions are:
• Outstanding Volunteer Award: Someone whose volunteering makes a huge impact on the local community.
• Outstanding Young Person Award: A young person who makes a positive contribution to the local community.
• Outstanding Good Neighbour Award: Someone who helps their neighbours & makes a difference to someone else.
• Outstanding Community Project Award: A community project that makes a difference to the local community.
• Outstanding Community Organisation Award: A community project/organisation that makes a difference to the local community.
• Outstanding Partnership Working Award: A Group has shown that partnership working has had a positive impact.
• Community Special Award: An individual that has contributed positive lifelong service to the area.
To enter, all projects or services must take place in the town. All entries will be judged by an independent panel involving local councillors and businesses. Deadline for the Smethwick Community Awards 2019 is Friday 1st March 2019 at 11:30 pm.
All Nominees will be invited to an Awards Ceremony to be held on 15th March 2019 from 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm.