– What are the legal risks of employing volunteers or carers?
– What do you need to do if you lose a contract?
– What do Uber taxi drivers and London Plumbers have in common?
– What has recently happened in the world of employment law that we need to be aware of?
Charities and Not-For-Profit:
– The new powers of the Charity Commission under the Charities (Protection and Social Investment) Act 2016.
– Changes to the fundraising regime and the role of the new Regulator.
– Data protection update for charities.
– Gift aid update.
– Reporting serious incidents.
– Avoiding unexpected repair costs.
– Disposing of properties and leases – the pitfalls.
– Business rates – the future.
– Asset transfers – what should you be looking out for.
From 9.30am: Arrival, Registration & Refreshments (tea/coffee)
10.00am to 12 noon: Seminar Content
12 noon to 12.30pm: Informal networking opportunity.