Grants of up to £10,000 are available from the Ministry of Defence to help mark Armed Forces Day on Saturday, 26 June 2021. Ex-service organisations, local councils, schools and organisations may apply.
Events can take the nature of tea parties, parades, big band concerts, civil war military re-enactments, and live and static demonstrations to be held on or in the weeks around the 26th June 2021. Grants can cover up to half the total cost of the event.
Funding could be used for:
• PA and communications systems.
• Road closures required to hold an event
• Security and first aid arrangements
• Decorations, flags and banners
• Radio and newspaper advertisements.
The closing date for applications is the 1st March 2021.
To apply for this grant, applicants must first register their event on the Armed Forces Day website.