Special needs schools and colleges can apply for grants of between £15,000 and £75,000 through the Wolfson Foundation’s Funding for Special Schools and Colleges grants programme. The funding is available for projects that are focused towards helping pupils to develop skills that would help them to gain employment or live independently after leaving school or college.
The funding covers capital costs such as buildings and equipment. The applicant organisation should meet all the following criteria:
- be a registered charity, local authority
- be registered with the relevant regulatory authority, where applicable, and have at least a good rating
The project should be for a new building, refurbishment work or equipment and aim to produce one or more of the following outcomes:
- Increased access to services for new and existing users
- Improved quality and range of services
- Improved financial stability of the organisation
There is a two-stage application process, and the next stage one closing date is the 1st of July 2022.
Applications successful at this stage will have until the 1st of September 2022 to complete the stage two application.