The Yorkshire Building Society’s Charitable Foundation has launched a Coronavirus Response Fund to support registered charities that ate helping local communities affected by the coronavirus. Funding will support groups and activities that
- Help vulnerable people who are self-isolating.
- Ensure supplies for foodbanks and organisations, in particular to alleviate the impact of children no longer receiving free school meals due to school closures.
- Help community response coordination, including volunteer costs.
- Cover additional costs of working remotely and adapting services delivered in the wider community
- Cover the loss of income for charities providing support for vulnerable groups
The £100,000 fund will make donations of between £250 and £2,000 to help with costs such as running costs, staff and travel costs, and volunteer expenses.
Priority will be given to:
- Charities that have an income of £100,000 or less.
- Charities that support the ongoing needs of vulnerable people to ensure that their health and wellbeing is maintained.
- Charities that support the ongoing needs of people suffering from poverty or those who have suffered a loss of income
Applications can be made at any time and will be reviewed on a fortnightly basis. For further information – please view – https://www.ybs.co.uk/your-society/charitable-foundation/index.html